Design and Conquer
Initially designed and prototyped in 2014/15 as a one-off instrument for Bruce Soord of The Pineapple Thief/Wisdom of Crowds, the first ‘SOORD’ (a play-on-words of ‘sword’ of course) was based around Bruce’s requirements for studio writing/recording and live/touring use. He wanted a guitar that was based around an old Highway One Telecaster with the same kind of neck profile and body shape but with humbucker pickups. Because of the dynamic range of songs in TPT’s back catalogue, the SOORD had to be capable of packing a punch with overdriven/distorted tones but also produce a clean sparkle for more chorded voicings and clarity and resonance for individually picked phrases. We have now produced this small production run and can also build one-off custom versions at your request.
Kingdom SOORD players include: Bruce Soord of The Pineapple Thief – Bruce used his SOORD on the whole of the Your Wilderness album if you are looking for an audio demo! Jack Darnell of Confessions Of A Traitor (full-custom UK-made SOORD) and David Gillam (SOORD with EMG HetSet).
• Indonesian mahogany body with matte black finish
• 25.5” scale-length
• Grover 305 Rotomatics machine heads in gold
• USA-made Seymour Duncan SH-4 (Bridge) SH-2N (Neck) pickup
• 3-piece Canadian hard rock maple/mahogany neck with 9.5” fretboard radius
• ‘Sacred geometry’ 12th fret custom inlay
• Medium-jumbo frets
• 1 x Volume (optional coil-split/push-pull)
• 1 x Tone
• 1 x 3-way selector switch
• Graphtech Tusq XL nut
• Gold Schaller strap locks
• Killswitch (optional extra)
• Cavity shielded
• Backplate laser-engraving (optional)
• Luthier/Designer: Asia/UK
• Limited production runs
See who is playing Kingdom Guitars across the globe. Would you like to be an endorsed artist?